• Hiking

by
    oco
    Published on 03-03-2012 12:59 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Hiking,
    3. Swimming
    content/attachments/60-boiling_river.jpg.html

As its name implies, the Boiling River is a hot spring in Yellowstone Park in a river. The water does not literally boil, but hot water from the spring mixed with cold water in the Gardner River makes water vapor that is sometimes mistaken for steam, similar to the water vapor in your shower. Boiling River is open to swimmers in the summer during the daytime. A footpath leads from a parking lot to the river swimming area. The trail is about half a mile. Swimsuits are required and alcohol is not allowed. ...
    by
    oco
    Published on 07-28-2011 03:06 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Camping,
    3. Hiking,
    4. Biking,
    5. Geysers,
    6. Old Faithful
    content/attachments/58-yellowstone-kids.jpg.html

Traveling to Yellowstone is a great way to spend time with your family and build lasting memories. While back country trails are beyond the effort most families want to expend, there are plenty of attractions in Yellowstone which are very kid friendly and require very little effort to enjoy with some planning. I have been visiting Yellowstone National Park for many years. So many years, that I really donít remember when I first visited the park. It was sometime in the early 1980ís, just a few years after I was born. Now I continue the family tradition as I ...
    by
    oco
    Published on 07-07-2011 12:09 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Hiking,
    3. Geysers
    content/attachments/57-artist_paint_pots.jpg.html

Artists Paint Pots is a colorful Yellowstone Park attraction. It consists of more than fifty mud pots, springs, geysers and vents. The mud pots range in color from shades of blue to gray and brown. The colors are caused by thermophiles (thermo=heat, phile=love), bacteria that thrive in high temperatures. Ribbons of color can be seen where certain species grow separate from others. Thermophiles are thought to be some of the oldest living species on earth. Some use sulfur where other organisms use oxygen ...
    by
    oco
    Published on 02-09-2011 06:47 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Hiking,
    3. Wildlife,
    4. Mountains
    content/attachments/45-800px-mt_washburn_summit_looking_south.jpg.html

Washburn Mountain is one of the most enjoyable places in Yellowstone Park. From the summit, 10,223 feet high, hikers can see a spectacular 360 degree panorama of the whole park, the Grand Teton Mountains, Mount Holmes and even Old Faithfulís eruptions during clear weather. Mount Washburn Trail provides wonderful views of scenery, wildflowers and animals. A variety of life is seen in 5 life zones, from the Upper Sonoran zone at the foot of the mountain through the Canadian, Hudsonian, and Sub-Alpine zone to the Alpine zone ...
    by
    oco
    Published on 11-30-2010 03:39 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Hiking,
    3. Wildlife,
    4. Lakes
    content/attachments/39-3656909751_03a8eabfa4.jpg.html

Trout Lake in Yellowstone is a beautiful lake located near the Northeast Entrance to Yellowstone. The lake has been known by several names over the years, including Fish Lake and Soda Butte Lake, but is now officially known as Trout Lake. The hike to the lake is about a half mile long, dirt, and very steep in a few spots, but a relatively easy trail. Small children can easily make the hike, and will thoroughly enjoy walking around the lake when they reach the top of the trail. A small parking area is available at the trail head on the north side ...
    by
    oco
    Published on 10-04-2010 05:56 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Hiking,
    3. Biking,
    4. Geysers,
    5. Snowshoe
    content/attachments/36-img_3805.jpg.html

Lone Star Geyser is one of the neatest, easily accessible, backcountry geysers in Yellowstone. The trail is an old paved service road extending about 2.5 miles from the parking area. The parking area is found about 2 miles south of Old Faithful on the South side of the road near Kepler Cascades and has restrooms.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2