Published on 07-28-2011 02:06 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Camping,
    3. Hiking,
    4. Biking,
    5. Geysers,
    6. Old Faithful
    content/attachments/58-yellowstone-kids.jpg.html

Traveling to Yellowstone is a great way to spend time with your family and build lasting memories. While back country trails are beyond the effort most families want to expend, there are plenty of attractions in Yellowstone which are very kid friendly and require very little effort to enjoy with some planning. I have been visiting Yellowstone National Park for many years. So many years, that I really don’t remember when I first visited the park. It was sometime in the early 1980’s, just a few years after I was born. Now I continue the family tradition as I ...
    by
    oco
    Published on 03-29-2011 02:53 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Geysers,
    3. Old Faithful
    content/attachments/52-459px-old_faithfull-pdphoto.jpg.html

Old Faithful Geyser in Yellowstone National Park is well named. Eruptions can be predicted within 10 minutes 90 per cent of the time. The reason for the geyser’s predictability lies below its surface. A vast reservoir of superheated water exists below Old Faithful, heated from Yellowstone’s subterranean hotspot of molten rock. The water is the result of rain and snow, which travel down through the earth to a depth of 10,000 feet. Conduits lead from the reservoir to the surface. The water contains silica, which has narrowed the conduits over the millennia ...
    by
    oco
    Published on 12-06-2010 02:32 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Geysers,
    3. History,
    4. Old Faithful
    content/attachments/41-oldfaithful.jpg.html

Old Faithful Geyser is definitely one of the highlights of visiting Yellowstone National Park. A visit to Old Faithful would not be complete without stepping in to the amazing Old Faithful Inn.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2