Toddlers?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Lyssie Lyssie 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Lyssie
    Lyssie

Do you think bringing a toddler to Yellowstone would be all right? Or do you think that attention spans would be too short? My friend is planning a trip and taking her 3 year old out. I told her if he gets antsy being in a grocery store for 20minutes, I wasn’t sure how the park would work out.

Blueyonder
    Blueyonder

It really does depend on the child and the parent. He may be happier being outside and running around, grocery stores are stressful places for anyone! On the other hand this may well be what creates problems. Personally I preferred to take a different kind of vacation when my kids were real small.

Well my party will have several small children in it, including a couple of toddlers. I am banking on the fresh air and new environment to knock them out at night, while amusing them during the day.

campingcrazy

I think outdoor vacations are perfect for antsy toddlers. They can run free for the most part and it will tire them out. I would say your friend has the right idea.

oco
    oco
    Participant

Small kids and toddlers typically do very once in Yellowstone other than in the car. If you are outside, they love it and even if they make noise, it doesn’t feel as loud because you aren’t in a confined space.

camperfan
    camperfan

I don’t see anything wrong with bringing a toddler to Yellowstone. Why would that be a bad thing? You would just want to plan your activities around your toddler (like nap time and eating times). You also would have to just play it by ear and see how much you got accomplished in 1 day (hiking, etc).

Lightcolored

I don’t remember ever taking our kids to Yellowstone when they were toddlers, but I agree with Camperfan, there is nothing wrong with it. It is a good way of introducing your kids to nature.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.